Realising the immense potential of biotechnology in the fields of agricultural production and health care, especially in developing countries, India has been devoting special attention over the past two decades to biotechnology and its applications. Necessary infrastructure has been built-up, the human resources and technical expertise built-up, and fruitful interactions between academic institutions and industries supported. The Department of Biotechnology, Govt of India has been playing a major role in this endeavour. Special efforts are being made to ensure practical applications of laboratory research. Salient achievements in the areas of agriculture (including tissue culture, transgenics, sericulture, animal, marine and microbial biotechnology, biofertilisers, bio-control agents, bio-prospecting, conservation of biodiversity and environment) and health care (including genetic counselling, DNA fingerprinting, preservation and propagation of human cell lines, medicinal biotechnology with special reference to indigenous medicinal plants, and immunodiagnostics for human beings and animals) are reviewed.
Biotechnology;Medical science;Transgenics;Tissue culture;Seriobiotechnology;Animal biotechnology;Bio prospecting;Marine biotechnology;Immunomodulators
Defence Science Journal (DSJ)
Impact Factor: 0.89*
Index copernicus International Value: 70.90
SJR Indexed with H Index: 3
International Innovative Journal Impact Factor (IIJIF)
Directory of Research Journals
Listed in UGC:http://www.ugc.ac.in/pdfnews/8919877_Journals-1.pdf
BioTechnology: An Indian Journal is an open access journal that places a momentous role by publishing novel and high-quality research papers and other material on all topics relating to biotechnology.
Aims and Scope
- The goal of this journal is to provide a platform for scientists and academicians all over the world to promote, share, and discuss various new issues and developments in different areas of biotechnology.
- The journal aims at a broad interdisciplinary readership, which includes both academia and industries, and covers the broad fields like: Cancer and stem cell research, Genetic engineering and cloning, Bioremediation and biodegradation, Bioinformatics and system biology, Biomarkers and biosensors, Biodiversity and biodiscovery, Biorobotics and biotoxins, Analytical biotechnology, Genome, Nucleic acids, Molecular biology, Genetics, Biochemistry, Cellular biology, Physiology, Applied microbiology, Food science, Biochemical engineering, Bioprocess engineering and Medical biotechnology.
- Biotechnology: An Indian Journal provides an effective way to publish original research articles, review articles, short communication, rapid communication, letter to the editor, case-report etc.
- The articles will be managed electronically, examined by a scientific committee and anonymous evaluators and published every month in HTML and PDF formats.
- Biotechnology: An Indian Journal publishes one volume each year with new articles being added instantly. The journal encourages research scientists, faculty, and students who are actively involved in scientific research and/or teaching at all levels, to submit their articles for intensive peer-reviewing and expedite publishing. Individuals from small and non-research oriented institutions are especially encouraged to submit their original articles for publication consideration.
Submit manuscript at http://www.tsijournals.com/editorialtracking/biotechnology/ or send as an e-mail attachment to the Editorial Office: [email protected]